Replacing ceramic tiles could cost a lot of money. Imagine having your walls rip out, floors, dust, and all the mess that comes with that. Ceramic tile refinishing/floor tile refinishing is the best & cost effective solution.
Common ceramic tile problems that we fix:
- Repair broken tiles
- Fix chips, cracks, and scratches
- Restore ugly, damaged grout lines
- Restore faded and old tile colors
- Make old ceramic tiles look brand new
Our ceramic tile refinishing/restoration process:
- De-caulk if needed
- Strip ceramic tile, taking all sealants off
- Repair chips & scratches (chips, scratches, and cracks are common to be found when film finishing tiles)
- Grout around ceramic tiles to fill in cracks and missing grout lines
- Four step cleaning process (a thorough cleaning is very important for film to adhere to tiles)
- Four adhesive coatings
- Four film finish coatings
- Caulk surrounding edges
You don’t need to tear out your ugly damaged ceramic tiles and walls. We’ll save you thousands of dollars over replacement costs. The Universal Refinish film finishing technology will take care of your grout and ceramic tile problems. No more missing or mildew grout lines. We’ll make your unwanted or old ceramic wall tiles look new. The refinishing/restoration process can be completed in a matter of hours. You will be able to use your refinished ceramic wall tiles after 24 hours.
Care & Maintenance
Due to the non-porous surface of the finish, there is no need to use abrasive cleaners. Any household liquid detergent will give you excellent results. To remove mineral stains, use mild acid solution such as a liquid bow cleaner. All organic coatings must cure. They start to cure from the time of application for a total of several weeks.
- Use the surface for 48 hours from the time of refinishing for solvent base chemical.
- Leave soap or shampoo on refinished surfaces for a long period of time.
- Use abrasive cleaner such as S-O-S pads, Comet, Soft Scrub, or Bleach.
- Use bath mats with suction cups.
- Pick up surface dust with fingers. Any surface dust will dissipate in 3-4 weeks with normal cleaning
- Allow a faucet to continue leaking onto the refinished surface.
- Clean thoroughly once a week.
- Use cleaning chemicals: Lysol Basin & Tile, Simple Green and Mr. Clean Liquid
Universal Refinish recommends diluting Simple Green with water. The ratio of mixing is 1 to 1.